Week 3–1, September 2021
“Whether I’m at the office, at home, or on the road, I always have a stack of books I’m looking forward to reading.” — Bill Gates
● Apple this week expanded the option to extend an expiring AppleCare+ plan to additional countries, including France, Italy, and Spain. …
Week 3, September 2021
“I always have optimism, but I’m realistic. It was not with the expectation of great success that I started Tesla or SpaceX… It’s just that I thought they were important enough to do anyway.” — Elon Musk
● Apple has published a full support document detailing what’s new in iOS 14.8, watchOS 7.6.2, iPadOS 14.8, and macOS Big Sur 11.6. Apple says that the updates address security vulnerabilities that “may have been actively exploited in the wild.” Most notably, Apple says that iOS 14.8…
Week 2–1, September 2021
“If something has to be designed and invented, and you have to figure out how to ensure that the value of the thing you create is greater than the cost of the inputs, then that is probably my core skill.” — Elon Musk
● A decision was reached today in the high-profile Epic Games v. Apple trial, with U.S. …
Week 2, September 2021
“Don’t delude yourself into thinking something’s working when it’s not, or you’re gonna get fixated on a bad solution.” — Elon Musk
● Heart Analyzer for iPhone and Apple Watch is one of the best and most powerful ways to visualize the health data collected by your Apple Watch. A new update to Heart Analyzer today brings a variety of new features and enhancements to the app, including new Heart Reports, a redesigned Heart Home, and more.
Week 1, September 2021
“You shouldn’t do things differently just because they’re different. They need to be… better.” — Elon Musk
● BMW’s upcoming flagship electric vehicle the “i4” features one of the most integrated Apple CarPlay experiences yet, recent promotional material has shown. BMW describes the Apple CarPlay experience in the i4 as “even more seamless.” The i4 features two curved displays and a heads-up display. All three displays can display information from Apple CarPlay simultaneously.
Week 5, August 2021
“When somebody has a breakthrough innovation, it is rarely one little thing. Very rarely, is it one little thing. It’s usually a whole bunch of things that collectively amount to a huge innovation.” — Elon Musk
● New renders of the reported 2021 Apple Watch design likely give us a far better idea of what to expect from the Series 7 design than the $60 clone devices seen last week. …
Week 4–1, August 2021
“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernard Shaw
● Twitter has started rolling out its new Ticketed Spaces feature to iOS users, the company has announced. Twitter Spaces allow users to host live audio discussions that other users can listen in to. …
Week 4, August 2021
“I think we have a duty to maintain the light of consciousness to make sure it continues into the future.” — Elon Musk
● Apple announced today that it will make a donation in support of the National Park Foundation for all purchases made through the Apple Store in the US this week using Apple Pay. There’s also an Apple Watch Activity Challenge on the schedule for this week.
Week 3–1, August 2021
“It’s not a faith in technology. It’s faith in people.” — Steve Jobs
● DaVinci Resolve officially launched M1 Mac compatibility back in March and today the latest update is out. Blackmagic Design says it unlocks more major breakthroughs including 3x faster performance, 30% longer battery life on M1 MacBooks, and 65% faster render times.
Week 3, August 2021
“People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.” — Elon Musk
● Adobe MAX 2021 is set to take place from Tuesday, October 26 to Thursday, October 28, and it will be a free event for all who want to attend. Registration for Adobe MAX is open as of today, and those interested in signing up can do so on the Adobe website.